>> General data
First of all, a bit of context:
- Alicante is a city of 329.988 inhabitants1
- The province of Alicante is the fifth most populated province in the country (1.825.332 people), the fifth in population density and the most densely populated in the Valencian Community 2
- The municipal budget of the Department of Culture in 2017 was 91.452.606, the 0'59% of the annual municipal budget3
- Population in 2016 according to the National Institute of Statistics
- Source: National Institute of Statistics
- City Council of Alicante: Municipal Budget
>> Municipal budget figures
In this link you can see how it is broken down into expenditure items, projects and activities carried out, contributions, grants and awards granted, as well as the investments made during that year. Be curious... find it out!
What other numbers does the City Council handle?
- Impulsa Cultura: study that includes the analysis, diagnosis and future proposal on economic forms linked to culture and creativity in Alicante carried out by the Local Economic and Social Development Agency (ALDES) in collaboration with the School of Industrial Organization (EOI)
>> The numbers on this map, handling the form data.
Thanks to the forms filled out in this map we have this data in real time (that is, updated automatically with each new entry to the map):
Percentage of Agents with each legal identity:
Percentage of Spaces with each legal identity:
Number of Agents and Spaces in each annual invoicing band, according to their legal identity:
Number of Agents and Spaces associated to each theme, according to their legal identity:
Frequency with which different types of income originate:
Frequency with which different types of expenses are made:
Field of action
Number of Agents and Spaces working in each field or territorial scale, according to their legal identity:
Number of Agents and Spaces working in each field or territorial scale, according to their themes