>> What is this map?
- A connections enabler
- A discovery and exploration tool
- An invitation to use and produce culture
- A place that shows how diverse the culture concept is
- A tool for recognizing the spaces and agents that create, produce or generate culture
- A place where connect spaces and agents
- A geolocated and semantic map
- A tool for visitors and inhabitants to know who and where are the generators of culture in the city
>> What is NOT this map?
- It is not a catalog of patrimonial elements, although it could become so
- It is not a cultural agenda, although it could be connected to it
- It is not a map inhabited only by professionals of the culture or for experts in management, although it allows advanced search for professionals of the creative industries
- It is not a map of the future and wishes of how culture could be in the city, but it can be the basis for drawing future scenarios together
- It is not a substitute for the connections that occur in physical spaces. Although the process of building the map together could cause that that connections
>> Ok … but what is this map for?
- To be used by both the general public and culture professionals
- To find artists and count on them for the programming of your space
- To find spaces to be able to offer your projects
- To find agents with whom to establish collaborations
- To make visible initiatives of collectives that enable culture in different neighborhoods
- To recognize us as a community and allow us all a place in the city
>> What do I have to do to sign up on the map?
If you have a space and/or you are a person or group of people who are developing cultural activities in Alicante, you are invited to be part of this map. Therefore, you can add your Space or your Agent at the time you want: as Space we understand a physical place where the cultural activity is developed and as an Agent, a company, autonomous, collective, association, brand, etc. (with physical space to be located on the map or not). Here we'll explain to you how to do it.
>> Who promotes the project?
The project is part of EDUSI ALICANTE - Área Las Cigarreras. It is part of the operations of the Line of Action 8, of the Thematic Objective 9, referring to the support to the economic recovery of the area favoring the functional complexity through actions oriented to economic growth, tourism and culture.
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) through the Operational Program for Sustainable Growth, for the 2014-2020 programming. A way to make Europe.
It has been developed by Ciudad de la Sombra.
>> Who manages it?
This map is managed by Culture Area of Alicante City Council. A municipal technician will validate your Agent or Space and then your file will appear on the map.
>> What future do we imagine for the map?
During the participation sessions we talked a lot about the future of the map. Here are the 6 blocks of future improvements that we have detected based on your demands and ordered according to the priorities of the Progress Workshop:
1.- Fixed Cartographic Room: 23% of the votes
- Project of cultural mediation with physical room (eg: in Cigarreras) and in neighborhoods
- Generate cultural community and take care of it through physical encounters
- Periodic Podcasts: place of conversation and connection between agents and cultural nodes, accompaniment to projects, sharing needs, etc.
2.- Map and Cultural Agenda: 18% of the votes
- That the map is connected to the municipal cultural agenda
- The map shows the events and cultural programming of the current week
- Customizable application with the interests of each user, programming notifications, etc. .
3.- Social Network: 17% of the votes
- Network of connections between agents and spaces
- Database of interested agents and nodes
- Bulletin board: to be able to send internal messages to different users
- Evaluation system (eg: stars from 1 to 5) and comments
4.- Access protocol to the network of public spaces: 16% of the votes
- Tool to request assignment of rooms in the network of municipal spaces
- Requirements to request access and/or assignment of spaces
- Plans of the rooms
- List of available technical equipment
5.- Map of Patrimonial Elements: 14% of the votes
- Catalog of Material and Intangible Heritage
- Link citizenship with heritage
- Evaluate the state of conservation
- Application to trace routes of interest
6.- Increase the data of "Culture in figures": 12% of the votes
- Analysis tool and transparency of economic data linked to culture
- Transparency of data from both the Department of Culture and the City of Alicante
- Communicate numbers: break the income taboo, measure the use of public spaces
- Impact analysis